Ferropre v Deks Duobond. Which is better?
Ferropre is a product made by Henkel. Deks is a cheaper alternative. From experience, we've found the Deks to be softer and not stick as well as genuine Ferropre to many surfaces. Ferropre tends to harden to a better finish as well. That's not to say there isn't a place for Deks Duobond, but in 20+ years of use, when we have a choice, it's always Ferropre.
Let's look at a comparison:
Ferropre 2-part Epoxy:
- Made by Henkel Adhesive Technologies, the worldwide leader in adhesive products. They also own Loctite any many other brands.
- Two-part epoxy resin bonding sealer
- Exhibits a putty-like consistency to allow bonding and filling of large voids
- Cured system is resistant to a range of corrosive chemicals
- Cures underwater
- Curing can be sped-up with gentle heat
- Sticks to metals, plastics, masonry, porcelain, metals, ceramic, brick, concrete, copper, PVC, and fibreglass
- Boat repairs, patching concrete, fixing steel piping, furniture repairs, sink and tub repairs, tile repairs and fuel tank repairs.
- Resistant to most chemicals, salt water, diesel, petrol, jet fuel, oils, etc
- Resistant to heat and cold.
- Stable to 160°C before some charring.
- Hardens like concrete but with some flexibility.
- Excellent moulding and shaping characteristics.
- Once the epoxy has cured you can machine, drill, saw, sand, grind, and paint.
- Stick down tiles on pools and spas. Including underwater.
- Repairs many broken plastic fittings
- Great for use in pools & spas.
- Patches and fills damaged concrete.
- Patches and fills water tanks.
Deks Duobond 2-part Epoxy:
- Jointing putty for cast iron and concrete pipes and fittings.
- DEKS Duo Bond sets like concrete
- Can be used for swimming pool applications and for some metal and steel general repairs.