1.5HP - 2 Speed - Balboa Vico Ultimax Spa Jet Booster Pump - Ultima
1.5HP - 2 Speed - Balboa Vico Ultimax Spa Jet Booster Pump - Ultima is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Genuine Balboa Ultimax / Ultima / Vico Spa Jet Booster Pumps. This is the uncommon 1.5HP 2-speed pump. Both 1 and 2 Speed versions available. These supersede the older SuperWow pumps. Balboa Water Group GG Industries. Comes standard with AMP plug. Made in the USA
Versions - Select yours:
- 1-Speed Pumps (Labelled 2HP/3HP/4HP): 1023334 (3x wires in plug)
- 2-Speed Pumps (Labelled 2HP/3HP/4HP): 1023324 (4x wires in plug)
- 2-Speed Pump (Labelled 1.5HP) (uncommon)
Balboa Pumps marked "4HP" & "3HP" are actually a 2HP pump in Australian spas. See notes below for explanation.
These are a very common pump found on many Spa Industries' brands of spas. (Bullfrog, Signature, Leisurite, Designer, Lanark, SCS Industries, etc) They were often 2-speed pumps with the low-speed wire clipped off, thus actually becoming single speed pumps. If your plug has one wire clipped off, ensure the new pump has the same done!
- 1.5HP Two-Speed: Length: / Height: / Width: 195mm
- 2"/50mm FBT Thread - measures ~78-79mm OD on pump
- Some Spa Manufacturers use a complicated & confusing form of Horsepower measurement that was more commonly used in the USA, called hydraulic horsepower (HP=PSI*GPM/1714). It gives a more impressive appearance, and may give a false impression of performance.
- Australian HP ratings are calculated purely on input power in Watts, which are then converted to HP. (1HP=745.7Watts).
- Balboa & Aquaflo have both released pumps to spa manufacturers that use these confusing power ratings at the request of Spa Manufacturers.
- You can always look at the input ratings and convert back to real HP.
- Rough HP measurement can also be calculated using Ohm's Law (V=IR). These pumps also have an Amperage rating that can be roughly converted back to Watts, and then to Horsepower.
- Furthermore, HP ratings are not an ideal measurement of pump performance anyway! Pump flow curves, which measure flow per metre of head pressure are a far more reliable method of measuring pump performance, especially with the advent of variable-speed DC motors.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information. Major Credit Cards, PayPal, ApplePay, GooglePay accepted.
Before making a phone call, the fastest way to identify parts is to send photos of the Front, Back, Sides along with any Measurements.
Use the Contact Us form to upload from a Phone, Tablet or Computer.
For Technical Queries, please use the Contact Form. Please include as much information as possible.
We also have a range of manuals available.
Electrical & gas work must be performed by a licensed & experienced person.
100% Australian Owned & Operated. A real, physical store, with shipping from Vic, NSW, Qld, & WA.
We carry more stock of spa parts & pool heaters and ship faster than anyone!
Ex-employees of the biggest manufacturers and distributors, so we know what we're talking about!