Genuine Balboa Ultimax / Ultima / Vico Spa Jet Booster Pumps. This replaces the 2HP 3HP, and 4HP 2-speed pumps. Both 1 and 2 Speed versions available. These supersede the older SuperWow pumps. Balboa Water Group GG Industries. Comes standard with AMP plug. Made in the USA
- 1-Speed Pumps (Labelled 2HP/3HP/4HP): 1023334 (3x wires in plug)
- 2-Speed Pumps (Labelled 2HP/3HP/4HP): 1023324 (4x wires in plug)
- 2-Speed Pump (Labelled 1.5HP) (uncommon)
Balboa Pumps marked "4HP" & "3HP" are actually a 2HP pump in Australian spas. See notes below for explanation.
These are a very common pump found on many Spa Industries' brands of spas. (Bullfrog, Signature, Leisurite, Designer, Lanark, SCS Industries, etc) They were often 2-speed pumps with the low-speed wire clipped off, thus actually becoming single speed pumps. If your plug has one wire clipped off, ensure the new pump has the same done!
- 2HP / 3HP / 4HP Two-Speed: Length: 395mm / Height: 232mm / Width: 195mm
- 2HP / 3HP/ 4HP One-Speed: Length: / Height: / Width: 195mm
- 1.5HP Two-Speed: Length: / Height: / Width: 195mm
- Some Spa Manufacturers use a complicated & confusing form of Horsepower measurement that was more commonly used in the USA, called hydraulic horsepower (HP=PSI*GPM/1714). It gives a more impressive appearance, and may give a false impression of performance.
- Australian HP ratings are calculated purely on input power in Watts, which are then converted to HP. (1HP=745.7Watts).
- Balboa & Aquaflo have both released pumps to spa manufacturers that use these confusing power ratings at the request of Spa Manufacturers.
- You can always look at the input ratings and convert back to real HP.
- Rough HP measurement can also be calculated using Ohm's Law (V=IR). These pumps also have an Amperage rating that can be roughly converted back to Watts, and then to Horsepower.
- Furthermore, HP ratings are not an ideal measurement of pump performance anyway! Pump flow curves, which measure flow per metre of head pressure are a far more reliable method of measuring pump performance, especially with the advent of variable-speed DC motors.
Part Numbers: 1023033, 1023034, 1023073
UM EME 4HPR 2S / UM SI 3.0HPR 2S